Friday, November 03, 2006

Do I want to be read?

I almost heard from a friend the other day that while I want my blog to be read by others, theirs was just a personal account. This brings me to try and understand the phenomenon of blogging and how it has caught the fancy of each one that can put pieces of words together.

When I was introduced to blogging, what I figured was that I had the option of purchasing a nice handmade paper diary and penning down everything that I was going on in my life, which no one had access to Or, I had this option of writing on the internet and accepting the fact that there would be people reading what I write. For most people who have never been able to express themselves in front of others, this according to me was the most delightful experience. For the meek ones, who can’t talk their feelings out or those who have never written for a news magazine, blogging was the powerful tool. The power of the written word they say can bring down governments. Writing a blog in that sense would empower bloggers to pen down thoughts, facts or anecdotes that would revolve around the lives or the ordinary or the extraordinary.

Also, anyone who logs on to the internet to blog, would also assume that his/her wisdom would be read. Unfortunately, the World Wide Web supports different search engines and web spiders that pick up information and get it back to the search engines. These vicious spiders pick up every word written on the plain white mark of globalization and bounce it on computer screens across the world, to be read, devoured or trashed.

For me I think blogging is fun, not because I am read (actually my comments section proves I don’t have any readers!!) but because I can write without the risk of people knowing who I am. I have the power of being invisible. It’s almost like being Mr India or Miss India. OH but well….I can’t divulge if I am a he or a she.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizard King said...

ok now i will read all ur posts!

19/11/06 3:49 am  
Blogger words are lost on me said...

okay, madam. Or was it sir.
Do not pressurise, Will read.

8/12/06 8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home