Monday, January 22, 2007

SHAME!

I wonder at times how my life would have shaped, had I been brought up in riches- wait a minute….I mean completely ill gotten wealth. If my dad had been a scamster, a crook who thought minting money comprises duping people, duping the country, having no regards for the law, the system, and the judiciary, smuggling, selling fake dreams, creating monopoly through goonda raj and above all having no conscience at all.

I thank god I am not born of Gurukant Desai.

Maybe and just maybe, I could have forgiven a person like him owing to the blood, but not the film director (Mani Ratnam) for justifying every piece of con job that got Guru his much desired wealth. Anybody who has watched the film Guru and not come out completely disgusted by Ratnam’s attempt to redeem and glorify a certain crook of an industrialist needs a humanity check ASAP.

Mani Ratnam could have told a story as it is. I knew Guru was based on Dhirubhai Ambani and I did half expect crimes of sorts in the film. But, in the end to have the gall to justify bribes, smuggling and unlawful attitude only so it would “benefit not just me but many others,” is disgusting.

There would be millions of viewers watching Guru and I dread to think of the impact that it would have on them. That it’s OKAY to bribe and get your way through. It’s OKAY to smuggle in machinery so you can boost your production. It’s OKAY to lie to your investors, as long as you are making then money. It’s OKAY to marry for money, as you have to get married someday. It’s OKAY to challenge the law as the License Raj has done no one good. It’s OKAY to cheat competitors off their money as all is fair in business. It’s OKAY to love money to an extent that your heart is rendered bankrupt.

As far as people going ga ga about Abhishek Bachchan's performance.....to me it doesnt really matter. If a film is not well meaning, to hell with who performs and who doesn't.

The film is a slap for all those who chose the right way to earn their living. IDIOT- is what Mani Ratnam calls them. For according to him “this is THE only way our country can progress from the third world to the first.” A director, whose excellence was unquestionable by my standards, has just dipped himself in muck.

Villager….Visionary….Winner…..BULLSHIT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home