Monday, April 09, 2007

Miss you...

I still remember her barking her guts out each time we tried to step outside her house. She knew the exact difference between slippers (worn inside the house) and chappals that were worn while going out. A step closer to our chappals would have her mad with fury. She would go barking all over the house, pull mummy’s salwar and not let her move forward and then finally go round and round trying to catch her own tail. She didn’t know how else to control her temper at being left alone in the house.
But then as if like a bubble, her anger would vanish when we returned home. Again she would bark and run around the house like a maniac. She didn’t know how else to control her elation at being back with the family. .

It’s been exactly one year today, since I last heard her bark. I still remember walking into that house and not having her jump on me and lick me wet. I had stood still and could feel the numbness in my body when I opened the door and I couldn’t feel her presence. I had decided to make a short trip to Delhi over the weekend after her demise. I wanted to go smell the house before it is wiped off her odour.

I know she will never return. As a family, we have tried to get over the grief. We are all at different cities across the world, but this one day, we got SMSes from each other remembering our dearest ‘Kishme.’ As the day unfolds each one of us is remembering her in small ways…..her little black nose sticking out of the huge quilt in Delhi winters, her beautiful eyes that made even the vet remark, “what a beautiful dog,” her jealousy against anything that remotely resembled an animal (stuffed toys included,) her watering tongue each time she heard a plastic bag being opened (thinking its something to eat)……the list is endless.

We love her so much. Just wish she was here and I could have spent more time with her. Just wish that instead of partying in Goa, I could have been there holding her when she breathed her last.

I’m sure god is taking good care of you. Don’t you trouble him too much. Be a nice girl, just as you have always been. When I come up there, I will see to it that you get all your sweets and biscuits without anyone screaming at you.

I miss you sweetheart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anil P said...

They leave tears behind; if only tears could wash away sadness!

15/5/07 9:49 pm  
Blogger Stray said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

22/5/07 2:42 am  
Blogger Stray said...

Yes Anil, its a void...not something a blof entry can describe.

22/5/07 2:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home